More Stepping Stones to Success using Singapore maths in EYFS
Come and see Singapore Maths Teaching in Practice in EYFS
|Wed 11 Mar 2020 9.00am - 11.30am||Chorlton CE Primary School||28 places available||£90.00|
Chorlton CE Primary School have developed a range of strategies to foster children's abilities in Maths, from Early Years to Year 6. Inspired by a more investigative style, children explore Maths problems in greater depth, gaining increasing confidence and mastery through the Singapore approach.
This is a unique opportunity to visit an inspiring faith school, judged 'breathtakingly outstanding' (Ofsted 2014), and to engage in practical activities where children will demonstrate their understanding of mathematical reasoning.
This half-day course will include:
- A workshop on Singapore Maths in EYFS, highlighting the journey the school has taken and the methods that the school have found works best. An expansion on the previous successful EYFS Singapore Maths Opening the Doors session
- Opportunity to see teaching sessions from Nursery to Year 1, showcasing Singapore Maths teaching and environments that promote problem solving
- Practical activities that can be employed and explored back in your own school
What you will learn
Explore Singapore Maths and feedback through practical examples and activities
- Build a picture of the structure of teaching Singapore Maths in EYFS and the theories behind it
- Discuss what reasoning looks like and how children can explain their thinking
- Look at resources and how to approach maths lessons
- Gain an insight into how the school continually integrates elements problem solving and reasoning into teaching and learning
Who is it for?
Maths subject leaders, class teachers, school leaders.
About your course leader
Tahnee Knight has been an EYFS leaders for 4 years and a teacher in EYFS and KS1 for 7 years, she has been using the Singapore Mastery methods in her Reception class and has seen many successes. She has recently become an SLE specialising in Early Years.
Jenny Parkin is an experienced KS1 teacher and Maths coordinator.